Tuesday, August 16, 2011

They Say It's Your Birthday

As I mentioned already, we had a pretty great weekend.  We celebrated my birthday over the weekend.  My little sister requested vacation time from work over a year ago for my birthday and arrived in town on Thursday of last week.  I love it when she visits.  She and T had gotten together months ago and decided to throw me a pool party and invited our family and friends on Saturday.  It rained for the first time in a loooong time the night before and the whole day was cloudy.  Which would ruin a normal person's pool party but considering we live in Texas and it has been sweltering hot we actually enjoyed hanging by the pool enjoying the cool, grey day.  

Me and my sis

There were balloons at my party which somebody really loved!

And guess who got to debut their new sunglasses?!

My brother and his niece (taken with my NEW camera lens! Yippee!)

On Sunday, after church we had a family brunch at Le Peep with our family that had come to town.  My french toast was to die for and the company was the best!

This past year of my life has been full of lots of excitement, changes and adventure.  We settled into our new house we bought in Indy and made it feel like ours, found out I was pregnant, I left a job and vocation I loved dearly to move across country 9 months pregnant, sold a house, bought another, welcomed our sweet little miss into the world and I embraced being a stay at home mom.  I normally prefer quiet, low key birthdays, to big extravaganzas.  But this year it was especially nice to close this year of my life out and welcome this next year with a low key, but fun filled weekend surrounded by the people I love.  

When it comes to birthdays do you prefer a big and wild party or quiet and low key? Or does it depend on the year? 


No comments:

Post a Comment