After picking out furniture (or really at the same time!) we moved on to bedding. Since the furniture was dark and I was still worried about accomplishing a light and airy feeling I thought bedding was one of the ways I could accomplish that. Now, I know there are two schools of thought on nursery bedding--that it's a baby's room and should look babyish or that it should look more adult. Because of our style and the fact that each room is connected to the next or can be seen from at least two other rooms in our old historic home, we decide to keep the nursery in step with the over all design asthetic of the house. Plus, I am not a fan of princes and princesses or the jungle theme that seems to be on like all the baby bedding. Nor do I really like things that are over the top pink or blue--remember I wanted gender neutral to start?
So I searched high and low for modern bedding that was affordable and looked like us and like it belonged in out home. And this is what we found:
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I know that Thanksgiving was last month but in this time of hustle and bustle and shopping and stress I thought I would take a cue from another blogger and take time to list the things that I am thankful for this season.
1. T, my lovely husband. I know its seems cheesy or obvious, but this time right before the baby comes has been so much fun. We are a really great team and I am just enjoying every last minute of our family of two.
2. My really great colleagues. I don't really talk too much about my work life, but I work with some of the coolest people. People that I even call my friends.
3. For T and I's sense of humor which always seems to help lighten the mood
4. For basic human kindness and compassion that people show. Being pregnant enough that I am now showing and don't jsut look like I've had one too many cheeseburgers I have found people to be very helpful and kind.
5. For a mid-day skim hot chocolate and a snickerdoodle cookie
6. For being able to feel the baby all the time (whoa is it reassuring!) and being able to share that with T
7. That I only had to go to the mall once this holiday season.
8. For my two siblings that are two really cool people who always have really sharp insight to troubling situations.
9. For a season filled with wonderfully cheery mail that are not bills!
10. For having some really wonderful family recipies and tradition to look forward to sharing with T on Christmas Day
What are you thankful for this month?