Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nursery Decor, Part 2

After picking out furniture (or really at the same time!) we moved on to bedding. Since the furniture was dark and I was still worried about accomplishing a light and airy feeling I thought bedding was one of the ways I could accomplish that. Now, I know there are two schools of thought on nursery bedding--that it's a baby's room and should look babyish or that it should look more adult. Because of our style and the fact that each room is connected to the next or can be seen from at least two other rooms in our old historic home, we decide to keep the nursery in step with the over all design asthetic of the house. Plus, I am not a fan of princes and princesses or the jungle theme that seems to be on like all the baby bedding. Nor do I really like things that are over the top pink or blue--remember I wanted gender neutral to start?


So I searched high and low for modern bedding that was affordable and looked like us and like it belonged in out home.  And this is what we found:


I found it at the Dwell Studio's website.  But let's be honest, baby bedding is a rip off.  First off, they don't care--they are just babies--really its me that cares.  Plus they are going to probably poop and pee and puke on it far more than they are going to appreciate the design asthetic or thread count.  So it doesn't make a ton of sense to pay tons of money for it, plus I am of the firm opinion that you should never pay full price for much of anything, especially since the dawn of the internet.  So I searched around and found it discounted at ModernNursery.com by about twenty percent or so. Plus they were doing free shipping and no tax, which made the pricey designer bedding make more sense (or at least to this hormonal, design loving mama). 

I like that it's light so adds some levity to the heavy dark furniture we picked.  I like that its got some pink but its got some purple--girly but not over the top.  And I like that there's chocolate and tan in it to pick up on and neutralize it a bit. 

Next up...accesories and art work!

No comments:

Post a Comment