I have gotten a few questions about how I get all my crafting done with a baby. So I thought I would draft up a little list of how to craft with a baby:
- Choose a craft with safe materials. Don't chose something with needles, scissors, and tiny pieces like beads. Felt and paper are best.
- Keep any unsafe tools or materials carefully out of reach when not using, so as not to tempt little hands.
- Pick a project that doesn't take intense momma concentration to complete like needle point or something :) Instead pick something that can be interrupted easily by your little helper.
- Make your goal about having a fun, positive experience and not about full perfect project completion.
- Use the opportunity to explore shapes, colors and textures. Little miss loves playing with my plastic shapes from my scrapbooking stuff. She will also sit on my lap while I use a punch to punch things out and we will count them as I go.
She loves my big plastic cutting shapes and little scraps of paper. And while its super slow going to craft this way we stop and count and talk about colors.
Even though my craft room looks like a bomb went off it's totally worth it to have this cute little crafting partner.