Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bathroom, Interupted

I realize by the title of this post that what I say could go any number of directions, but since this is a family blog, I am going to talk about our recent partial bathroom remodel. I call it recent, although it began in March. I call it partial, because it was one of those unexpected situation. You know, the ones that start like a little like this:

Me: Honey, come here.

Me: NO, honey, really come here I think somethings, wrong, there's water along the baseboard of our bedroom

Yeah...so the partial comes from the unexpected nature of the situation. It started with some tile in the shower that had bad grout and gained in force as we tore out the shower walls, and then since the contractor was already demo-ing the joint and it already looked like hell in there, we had him rip off the eye level high 1" square tiles from the 50s that the previous owner had just painted white that encompassed the rest of the room. But we weren't in the mood (and I mean by mood, the budget, time and patience) to rip our the tile on the floor, the sink, etc, to make it an all and our bathroom remodel.

But I do call it a remodel because we could see the inward parts of our house for several days, I had to make some on the fly decisions about more than three things and how they were going to tie into the overall asthetic of the house. So, yeah.




Here is our sweet house with her guts all showing. I wish I had before pictures, but the situation was so unexpected I forgot to hop in there and snap away. I guess if all you see are these, the afters will look that much better!



(our shower, post-demo, pre-tile. Is our house beautiful and sturdy on the inside?)
(this is a shot of the wall that had our mirror on it...When we took it down we discovered that there was a medicine cabinet there at some point...classy)

No comments:

Post a Comment