Thursday, May 13, 2010

Today's Lunch-Turkey, Avacado and Sprouts

We are pretty committed to healthy eating and exercising at our house, but we have had to redouble our efforts lately, probably because we discovered a real-live Mexican food restraunt in our neighborhood none the less that serves up tasty dishes that will pass for the Tex Mex we miss so much living in the Midwest. They have the BEST chicken chimichanga and chile relleno we have found yet and thier queso is called queso on the menu rather than the wierd midwest phenomenon called "cheese dip." Eck. It sounds so much less fattinging when you use Spanish. Anyhow, I digress...


So today I packed my lunch (like most days) and I have to say I am totally in love with this sandwich becuase it features my new favorite condiment-avacado. Avacado is loaded with nutrients, has the "good" kind of fat and if properly ripened can totally sub as a spread on just about any kind of sandwich. Today I paired it with turkey, provalone and sprouts on whole grain. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment