Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Crafties

Happy Tuesday, I hope your holiday weekend was fun and that you are off to the start of a great four day week! Usually these 3 day weekends totally throw me off but we got up and at em at our house and are tackling our to-do list. I am really excited to get back to my regular Tuesday Crafties post, I have really missed sharing them and have some awesome little projects I've been working on lately. 

My little sister leaving the nest and has taken a job to be much closer to our family here in Texas.  To say I am excited does not do it justice.  As I write this I want to follow each of my sentence with four or five exclamation points like I am a 13 year old girl, but I will refrain!  Anyhow, since she is getting her first place and has nothing, I thought I would pull together a care package of sorts to get her started.  

She really loves Anthropologie for clothes and stuff and I really love them for their housewares but am I going to pay $20 for a dish towel, no thanks.  So I thought, I will go check out my local fabric store and see what they've got and sew her a couple of dish towels!  Here's what I came up with: 


I am pretty proud of myself.  I haven't sewn anything freehand with out a pattern in forever. And even though technically the towel was a rectangle, I used two different fabrics and added the ric-rac finish.  I am pretty excited and hope she likes them.  And I am thinking I might make some for my sister-in-law next, maybe as a Christmas gift.

How was your holiday weekend?  Did you tackle any projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment