Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday Crafties

When I was in the third or fourth grade my mom gave me two vintage needle point kits that made complimentary portraits of plants.  It was meant to teach the different stitches and it was so much fun. I wish I still had them.  I was thinking about those a few weeks ago and wanted a way to job my mind and my fingers on all the techniques, so I decided to do a little floral doodle on a kitchen towel.  


I haven't decided yet if I am done with it or if I will fill in a few spots with greenery and leaves or not, but I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.  


I think my favorite part are the purple flowers that I did entirely by french knot.  It took the longest but it looks really good.


What things did you learn how to do as a kid that you wish you still knew how to do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment