Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Goal for 2011

I enjoy blogging, in fact I enjoy almost everything about it, the writing and reflecting and connecting with family and friends around the country.  However, I must confess that I am a fast and furious blogger.  I don't have much time to blog between a job that demands 50+ hours 7 days a week, being a wife, keeping up a house, and having a life in the real world so I cram blogging in and write my posts on the fly.  But I confess that often I don't proof my posts and only sometimes run the spell check.  Is this the kind of blogger I want to be? Not really.  Is the kind of writer I am in my professional life?  Not at all.

I have a dear friend and author that reads this blog (Hi Judy!) and I deeply respect her in so many ways.  Everytime I post a blog post and then look at it and see it has typos I think of her, but I also think about what kind of writer I am outside of this handy dandy personal blog and what kind of writer she and my other writer friends have encouraged me to be.  So my goal this year is simple, to do a better job proofing my posts and when possible do a better job writing my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment