Monday, January 23, 2012

Creative Room Makeover {Before}

We started 2012 by tackling one of our house projects.  It's by far not our most difficult or daunting project, but we are really happy with how it turned out.  Plus, If we are ever going to get this house feeling like "ours" its going to be room by room one little project at a time.  

As I shared in my 12 in 12 post we have a home office just off our entry and formal living/dining that needs some help being pulled together.  Its actually a great sized room, has two closets and is the perfect space to turn into a space for playing music, crafting, reading and being creative.  

I snapped a few pictures the day we closed on the house to document the "before."  Again, you can see the yellow paint everywhere.  


The yellow paint extended into the creative room and made a room with vaulted ceilings, french doors and a big window seem much smaller and darker that it actually was.  


Since we've moved in we have had a desk and our books shelves in the room but it has mainly been the catch all where we have piled those last remaining boxes that didn't have a home yet.  



And I am horrible at true "before" pictures.  I guess its because when it comes to tackling a project I am SO sick of the before and SO ready for the after I dive in and forget to snap pictures.  But here is one before I snapped with the ol iPhone of the little miss helping with the demolition process.  


I am super excited to share how we transformed the room to meet our needs and create a beautiful space to read, write, play and create.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment