Sunday, March 18, 2012

Over the Weekend

Most of our weekend was consumed with projects around the house and elsewhere.  We were busy, busy tidying the yard, changing out the batteries in the smoke detectors, cleaning, organizing and general spring tidiness.  However after church on Sunday we took a little family outing to the flea market to check out the goods. 

There is a metal salvager that always carries new and unique finds.  This month he had these vintage red sign letters.  Of course he didn't have the letter I wanted but they were still so cool!  


There were some cool crates--they were naturally over priced but pretty none the less.  


We found a few vintage suitcases.  And I thought about picking them up and refurbing them to put on etsy, but I have to limit my projects you know :)


T really loved this set of vintage bikes.  I have to admit they were very cool but upon closer inspection needed a lot of work.  Plus in Indy I used to ride my vintage bike a mile to the gym and a mile back and those vintage bikes are a work out and not always in the best way!  


I snapped a pic of this vignette because I just really loved the pic and cards in the open box and I wanted to remember this a good way to display things you love or want to keep like little notes.  Pretty, huh?


And since there is probably a large majority of you that just tune in here at ye ol blog for baby cuteness.  Here is a picture of me and my little treasure hunter that T snapped of us.  


We didn't find anything that struck our fancy (except maybe a corn dog!) but it was fun to get out and see what was out there and get a bit of fresh spring air.  

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment