Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Crafties {Pinterest Edition}

I am hardly ever an early adopter of ANYTHING technology or social media related.  But I was one of the early adopters of Pinterest and it been so fun to see everyone hop on board.  I love having a landing spot to collect and organize online ideas and inspiration.  Some of the things I pin are connected to larger projects around the house that I am working on in the long term, some are for when the little miss grows up a bit.  But I definitely didn't want to get into the habit of pinning without actually trying some of the ideas I pinned.  

When I saw this necklace tutorial from ECAB, I knew I wanted to try it because it looked so much like other necklaces I had seen at places like Anthropologie.  



I will spare you the play by play, as Jessica did a great job with her tutorial, but I did take some creative liberties to make it my own.  Since I already have a beautiful turquoise necklace I found in San Francisco on our vacation last year, I decided to go with black bead to meet a need in my own wardrobe.  I also went with three strand in each braid rather than two to create some thickness.  



I am pretty proud of how it turned out!  Have you tried anything you have pinned?  How did it turn out?


No comments:

Post a Comment