Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lunch Lately

I love reading food blogs, gleaning other people's best recipes and tricks for the kitchen.  And for some reason the Food Network is the choice channel for the salons I go to to get pedicures (maybe they teach that in beauty school?  You know, Relaxing Cable Channels 101) and of course T loves watching Man v Food. But sometime I wonder what is so darn interesting with what other people are eating?  

I don't really know, but I do know that the most helpful food posts I have read lately have come from other new moms.  What the heck can you throw together either with one hand or in a small window of time, while doing laundry and other things?  You know, besides a handful of goldfish and a glass of water.  Actually, looking back I should have been reading those posts pre-baby because eating healthy when I have limited time has always been a challenge.  

Anyhow, summer is here and so I have thrown one of my favorite, quick salads into the mix. I can toss it together quickly, eat it while I am checking e-mails and it gives me good energy for the day.  



Here's the ingredients:
Mixed greens
Baby spinach
Sliced Tomato
Fresh mozzarella 
Finely chopped fresh basil
Fresh ground pepper
EVO
Balsamic Vinegar 
Add if I need the protein I add Sunflower Seeds

Basically I throw all of it in a bowl and toss it lightly with the EVO and BV.  Easy, simple, yummy and fresh.  

 
Other new moms or women on the go--what is your go-to meal of choice lately?  

No comments:

Post a Comment